Monday, September 1, 2008

Cuddling With My Computer To Keep Warm


Ok. I admit it. It's cold in Yellowknife. Steph and Trev went away for the long weekend and I don't know how to turn on the oil furnace. It's 3 degrees in the house and by my calculations, if I open the fridge door, it should warm the place up.

I have discovered the value of layered clothing. My computer is beneath my desk and the fan is warming my toes. I have both cats on my lap to rob them of their body heat and I have deliberately not changed the cat box so the steaming piles of cat crap can, in some way, contribute to the convection of the place.

I have foresaken my tobacco-free lifestyle to go out on the porch for a smoke to warm up with a cigarette and a hot cup of tea. Steph and Trevor went north this weekend for a lovers' weekend away...

...in a warm cabin, I'm sure.

They did tell me it gets cold up here. But in August?

Freeze you later.

Update: I finally found a power switch for the furnace. I have turned on the furnace and cleaned the cat box.

No comments: